Your Questions Answered

developed for

Can we have an appointment just to meet you?
Absolutely! I am happy to talk to you on the telephone or for you to see me for an initial appointment without
obligation. It is important that you feel comfortable that I am the right person to help you celebrate your
special day.
What legal paperwork do we have to complete?
Couples planning to marry need to complete a Notice of Intended Marriage at least 1 month and 1 day and not
more than 18 months before the big day. I usually complete this paperwork with the bride and groom once the
booking is confirmed. I’ll let you know what you need to bring to this appointment. For most couples this will
include at least your birth certificate or extract. If you were born overseas your birth certificate is preferred.
Note: An Australian passport cannot be accepted and statutory declarations can only be used if you have been
born overseas and cannot produce a birth certificate or overseas passport. Other ceremonies do not require
any legal paperwork.
What do you provide?
I work with you to ensure that the ceremony is exactly the way you want it to be. Regardless of the type of
ceremony; wedding, commitment, funeral, naming or renewal of vows, your fee includes:
An initial face to face consultation
On-going support by phone and email
Supply of resources to guide you
All legal requirements
A draft of your ceremony for finalisation by you
PA system if required
Commemorative Certificate as appropriate
Presentation copy of ceremony
A rehearsal
Celebration of ceremony in a sincere, earnest and professional manner
What if I’ve been previously married?
If you have been divorced then I must sight an original copy of your Decree Absolute or Divorce Certificate. If
your previous spouse has died then the original copy of the Death Certificate is needed. These documents must
be produced before your marriage can take place.
What else?
In the week before your wedding you need to sign a declaration stating that you believe there is no impediment
to the marriage between yourself and your future husband/wife. On your wedding day you will sign my wedding
register and other documents. To complete this procedure you will need two witnesses who are both over
the age of 18.
Fee Policy and Booking information
If for some unforeseen circumstance I am personally unable to officiate on your special day, I will arrange for
a professional celebrant to replace me at no additional charge. Should the ceremony be cancelled, the booking
fee is non refundable. The balance of the fee is to be paid no later than one week prior to the ceremony.
Payment and Bookings
For an obligation free consultation and quote please contact me.